1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help, phone not working.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by warock56, Aug 25, 2011.

1. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 8, 2011
    my little sister always plays with my phone downloading games and stuff. Yesterday she had a problem the phone said android.process.media or something like this had stopped working and nothing could be downloaded to the phone.

Today when I wake up the phone is in the home screen (which is black) and I only see the notification bar. And when I connect it to my pc it shows my sd card as being formatted..

I had nothing of importance on the phone or sd card, just apps which is all in a backup folder on my pc, but how can I get this phone going again.

I was about to try this http://androidforums.com/optimus-m-all-things-root/364080-unbrick-phone-lg-screen.html but my phone has 98% battery left if I let it die alone like it says ill never finish this.

Is there another way?

and my phone works I can make receive calls.

edit1: I just plugged it in to the computer while the phone was on and tried using lgnpst.

It was on the provision tab and upgrade. It already had a 3020.prl file which I had put on a coupel of days ago, and I clicked .bin and put the one from the thread above.
    So far its 32%+ Ill edit this with updates as I go along.

edit2: after a lot of retries like I said above, kept on saying phone was disconnected plugin again and press ok to continue (on lgnpst) I rebooted it a couple of times and it finally finished. Now I am running the stock metro os. now to keep on.

edit3: installed gingerbreak

got the sense rom back on and everything is working great again so far... if someone wants just delete this thread.

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Have you tried pulling the battery out and rebooting the phone?

Tags: