1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

help...phone "unlocked" by itself....????

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Nikkipd, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Nikkipd

Nikkipd Lurker
    None

Jul 27, 2011
    Hi There:

An odd/embarrassing/aggravating situation occurred this evening with my boyfriend's android incredible (i'm pretty sure this is the model although i can't be 100%)...

he woke up, half asleep, and stepped on his phone which was in the pocket of his shorts which were on the floor. as he shuffled out of the room, he said, "oh my phone" and kept on walking. i reached over to pull out his phone and i must have hit/pressed/touched something because his last text messages popped up.

he is blaming me for "breaking into" his messages. (obviously we have a bit of a trust issue here). i'm standing firm in my statement that i didn't "break into anything"...that when i went to put his phone on his dresser i looked at the screen and there were the texts.

could someone please try to explain to me what i did or if the phone is "famous" for this kind of quirk?

thanks....

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    Welcome to AF!

HTC phones are pretty easy to open from the "slide" lockscreens, so it could be done by mistake for sure. So it's certainly plausable that you unlocked it by accident. I have family whos phones dial me from inside their bags sometimes because of stuff like that heh :)

But, a bit of unrequested humble advice: best thing is to talk to him and work out whatever you guys need too :) Whoever is right/wrong almost doesnt matter as much as to what you guys gotta figure out.

Then, and this is the important part, you need to get your own awesome Android phone and come back and have some laughs with use here at AF :)

Anyways, best of luck