• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP! Phone wont turn on

whatdidido

May 26, 2011
I rooted my Epic 4g about a month ago... only because I wanted to get rid of the stupid apps that came with the phone. Last night the phone started acting up. It kept freezing and force closing throughout the day. I didn't know what was wrong with it so I tried to unroot it. That failed. Now my phone wont turn on.

What do I do??? If I take it to Sprint will they be able to see that I rooted it, even though it's not turning on? I'm scared to take it there.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it doesn't charge either. The red light does not turn on at all.

I don't know if I should try that yet because something popped up in the screen. I tried doing a hard reset (?) volume down+power+camera and it didn't do anything. Then I took out the battery and tried turning it on, and a picture popped up. It's a cell phone connected to a yellow triangle sign with an exclamation mark in the middle, then connected to a computer.

I'm a noob so I would appreciate some patience.

Upvote 0
Really? I thought DL was this big yellow triangle and the android guy, and on the bottom it said 'Downloading...'

What I am talking about is a tiny picture of a phone with an antenna then there's two dots that connect it to a yellow sign and then two dots connecting it to a computer.

Are they the same?

I don't know what I should do. I just want it to stop acting crazy. It freezes all the time.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Stuck at Set Up Connection.

EDIT: Here's a picture of what I get on the screen when I try to turn it on

vdzipz.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones