• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help, photos in gallery being ruined

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a samsung galaxy s3 on Verizon's network. I've noticed lately photos I've taken are randomly being ruined with glitch and color distortions. the pictures have lines through them and turn different colors, and the images are being ruined. Please help I have no clue why this is happening and I'm losing precious memories. Some photos that are being ruined are photos i have backed up and they are still being effected. Is anyone else having this issue? If so, how to combat? I refuse to do a hard reset..thank you for your help!

Hello. I can't imagine anything that could be editing your photos on your phone. If the file became damaged.. it would not show you a picture at all. Are you certain that the pictures were quality when they were first taken? Are the backups on your phone or your PC?

It is a problem that I've never heard of. That's not saying you don't have something going on. I did a net search as well as a search on Android Forums for a similar complaint and found nothing to help. I invite you to join the Android Forums and share your problem with the other S3 owners. They area a friendly lot and they will know so much more than myself about your phone. They may well know about picture degradation and have some thoughts for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones