1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help - Pictures/Videos dissappered when transferred to SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ErikaHTCone, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ErikaHTCone

ErikaHTCone Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Hello to you all

This is my first post - HTC ONE SV

I had a 4G SD card on my phone with some apps, I decided to give a try to an old SD card I found on my drawer (16G), So I manually unmounted the SD card from my phone and right away installed the other one, I had just found.

I went to my Settings > storage> phone storage>photos&videos>MOVE TO SD. I selected all files and click on MOVE to SD.

I assumed this was the best and fastest way to move files to my SD.

After that, I went to my gallery and all pictures and folders are gone.

I tried reading the SD on my computer but I cannot see my pictures. I see some folders that were created today . (Andriod>data>com>htc>album>thumbnails ) I then 13 folders but they are all empty

Does some one knows what went wrong? Is there's any possible way to recover my pictures? I didn't have any type of backup for these pictures :thinking::thinking::thinking:

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If you put the old card back in the phone, are they there?

Whenever I get an new SD Card, I always transfer stuff manually Old Card -> PC -> New Card.

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  3. ErikaHTCone

ErikaHTCone Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Only some and my apps. But I am missing all pictures from different folders (not my camera). The ones I am missing are the ones from APPS, Whatssapp (Received ones ) , Instagrams, downloads, etc

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Whatsapp pictures aren't stored on the SD Card (not on my handset anyway), they live somewhere on the handsets data partition (the internal memory).

Was it the new card you moved the pictures too? What happens when you put the old one back in to the phone?

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  5. ErikaHTCone

ErikaHTCone Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    That's what I did I transfer the pictures from the internal memory to the new SD card. =(. My phone was running out of internal memory and with the intention of cleaning up the internal memory I attempted to transfer a those pictures and videos files to SD card.
    When I put the old one back I get to see my apps and some camera pictures I previously saved.

Tags: