1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Please! Adding Films

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BradRxche, Aug 14, 2012.

1. BradRxche

BradRxche Lurker

I want to add 3 films to my nexus. I tried to copy and paste files and then when i went onto the nexus 2 of them wouldn't show and the other would but wouldnt play. Please help me.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Android Enthusiast

What format are they in I use my for playing films a lot and have had no problems.

3. BradRxche

BradRxche Lurker

They are in .avi
    Is this right?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

They need to be in MP4 format.

I generally use Handbrake with the "Android High" pre-set to convert to MP4.
    HandBrake

5. shawn672

shawn672 Newbie

is mp4 any better than .avi in 720p?

6. MartinS

MartinS Android Expert

For MP4 I use DVD catalyst 4 which has a Nexus 7 setting.

I find it easy to use and gives excellent results.

7. shawn672

shawn672 Newbie

But why do you convert them? Are they in a format that isn't readable or is there some type of scaling you perform for optimized space/quality for the nexus7?

8. sycor

sycor Well-Known Member

All my movies are encoded in mkv. I really hope the Nexus can handle it. I'm NOT going to be re-encoding everything. Too much of a hassle.

9. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Android Enthusiast

Have you tried downloading mxplayer? It seems to handle virtually any format I throw at it. It's a free app. Try that out before you start re-encoding your collection.

Spaceprobe likes this.
  10. chalky378

chalky378 Newbie

Yep +1 for mxplayer it plays everthing iv thrown at it mkv, avi, vob etc. In fact its that good i got the paid version in the end

11. sycor

sycor Well-Known Member

Good to know. I haven't tried to play any movies yet but I already got MX player. :)

12. redlari72

redlari72 Newbie

Films might be of the wrong format, I have put three MP4 films on my nexus with no problem. What you could do is, download a program like any video converter, it will convert for example avi files to mp4's and you can set the size of the screen for various phones and tablets.