1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help please? Amaze bricked?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by garysayer76, May 14, 2013.

1. garysayer76

garysayer76 Lurker

Hello all,

I've searched the forums for quite awhile now and couldn't find anything to help solve my problem ,so I'm biting the bullet and creating a thread.
    Earlier on this evening my phone randomly rebooted and I ended up stuck on the splash screen for 15+ minutes. I tried a battery pull but again got
    stuck on the splash screen after turning the phone on. I'm able to get into Hboot and Fastboot but can't get into recovery , factory reset , clear storage , etc. Every time I try one of those options , the phone just freezes up. I'm not able to relock the bootloader and flash an RUU because I can't get into the phone to turn on my USB debugging , so my laptop won't even recognize my phone when it's plugged in. As of now , I'm at a bit of a standstill. I'm on Telus , S-ON, Rooted , running Speedrom 9. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Gary

2. dupek

dupek Member

I will try to flash recovery trough fastboot and then try to flash a rom. You not bricked if you can get to fastboot. More likely a partition got corrupted. I hope that you can flash the recovery with S=ON. I got OFF.
    If you can not flash the recovery, try to get the S=OFF and then flash hboot. Easy from there.

3. 7Priest7

7Priest7 Guest

From what I am reading it seems like you have a bad recovery and bad boot img.

If I was you I would fastboot flash the last working recovery then try recovery again.
    If that works backup your phone then try fasboot flashing your boot(you should be able to find a new boot.img in the speedroms zip.)

On a related note, You can usually begin a RUU via fastboot usb.

You can relock your device using "fastboot oem lock" while in fastboot usb.

EDIT: Ugh I just noticed how old this thread is. My bad.
    I really hope Gary solved his issues before now.

HTC Amaze 4G Forum

The HTC Amaze 4G release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, processor, and 1730mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews