• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP PLEASE: Can't add contacts or edit existing contacts to my Skyrocket!!! How can I fix this?

magentawave

Dec 9, 2010
I posted this same thread in the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket forum a while ago but no one answered so I'll try again here...

It was easy to add or edit contacts with my former Galaxy S1 Vibrant (rooted) but my current (non-rooted) Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket i727 with Android 4.0.4 won't let me add or edit a contact!

For example: If someone calls me or I input a number I should be able to press on the number or tap the menu button to get an "Add Contact" function but there is nothing like that on this phone.

And the same goes for trying to edit an existing contact. I can go to the contact and click on the little pencil icon to the right of the contact or tap Menu and "Edit Contact" but nothing happens with either of them.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can fix this please?

Thank you.

Steve

PHONE DETAILS:

1.) Model Number: SGH-1727
2.) Firmware Version: 4.0.4
3.) Baseband Version: 1727UCLF6
4.) Kernel Version: 3.0.8
5.) Build Number: IMM76D.UCLF6

not sure on your phone but try and do a soft reset. power the phone off, wait 30 sec and reboot. sometimes this will clear cache and it might fix it. if not then i think you might have to do a factory reset. now keep in mind that this will wipe data on the phone (it should not wipe the sd card) so backup accordingly.

I don't know if the battery is removable but he might want to try removing it when he tries to soft reset it.

Upvote 0
I fixed it! Someone mentioned here ("ocnbrze" and thank you) to try a different Contacts app so that got me to thinking that maybe the problem of not being able to add or edit contacts started when I installed the Go Launcher a while ago. Last night I replaced the existing Ex-Dialer app with the Go Dialer app and now everything is working great so obviously there was a conflict between the Go Launcher and the Ex Dialer.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond! :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I fixed it! Someone mentioned here ("ocnbrze" and thank you) to try a different Contacts app so that got me to thinking that maybe the problem of not being able to add or edit contacts started when I installed the Go Launcher a while ago. Last night I replaced the existing Ex-Dialer app with the Go Dialer app and now everything is working great so obviously there was a conflict between the Go Launcher and the Ex Dialer.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond! :)

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

glad you got it working.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones