1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help Please:Can't sync Google Calendar with desktop.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kalia09, Jul 22, 2013.

1. kalia09

kalia09 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2013
    Female
    oregon
    I am new to this phone. I have tried to resolve this issue by researching on various sites (including AF) and just can't figure this out. I cannot get my Google calendar to sync with my desktop Google Calendar. I have the master sync highlighted in settings and all syncs on. I only have a My calendar (Samsungs calendar) Google account and Facebook (I do not want to sync that). I have my gmail on the phone and the Google Calendar on the phone. The two calendars sync between themselves but I can't input either way from the Google calendar to sync. One thing I did find by searching is that I do not have the "accounts and Sync" icon under the personal setting in my settings. It just shows my accounts only.

Advertisement

2. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    First make sure you have google calendar installed on your phone.
    Samsung's calendar icon is green, google's is blue, with folded corner of page 31.

Whenever you save anything in your phone, make sure you save it to google calendar. When you want to add an event, there is a color bar on top of the screen, which upon tap, drop down list with all the calendars available on your device.

After install, visit the sync setting, make sure that your google calendar is checked. Go to application manager, swipe to ALL, find it, clear data, and it will resync.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.calendar

3. kalia09

kalia09 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2013
    Female
    oregon
    I have alot of info. on my Google calendar right now so if I "clear data" as suggested, won't I lose all of it and have to manually put it in again? I do know the difference between the calendars and that was a problem for me before not knowing the difference between the Samsung calendar and the Google calendar.

4. kalia09

kalia09 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2013
    Female
    oregon
    Also, I an put an event on my S3 Google calendar and it will show on the desktop calendar but if I create the event on my desktop Google calendar, it will not appear on the Galaxy S3.

5. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Clearing data assures that whatever is jammed or messed up in the sync app setting that cause the sync problem, or any other setting,preference... for that matter, will get trashed and rebuild from scratch. It's really hard to troubleshoot not knowing what is wrong.

Whenever I get new phone, I follow certain steps when setting it up, to make sure things get loaded, restored and sync in order. Not the same case for you, so I can't really say how to go from here, if we don't start from scratch.

All I can do in this case, is direct you to this link. Maybe you find something useful there.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/114500?hl=en

kalia09 likes this.
  6. kalia09

kalia09 Newbie
    None

Jul 1, 2013
    Female
    oregon
    SebaKL, Thanks for your help. I will keep looking on the web to figure it out.