1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Please - Contacts with multiple numbers and Bluetooth vehicle pairing

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by seraphmage, Dec 18, 2012.

1. seraphmage

seraphmage Lurker

Greetings All,

My name is Charlie and I am from Rhode Island, USA. I am posting in hopes of gaining some insight on a problem that I have with syncing the phone book in my new HTC DNA with the hands-free system in my Volvo S60 (2012). I have found that contacts with multiple numbers (i.e. Mobile, Home, Work, etc) are appearing in the vehicle's system as seperate entries. So, for instance, if I have a single entry in my phone book for John Doe with numbers for Mobile, Home, and Work, John Doe will appear three times in the vehicle's contact list.

Prior to owning the HTC DNA, I have been using an HTC Thunderbolt. With this phone, contacts that have multiple numbers will appear as a single entry in the vehicle's contact list and I have the option to press a key on the vehicle's console to select which number I want to dial. That said, I know that the vehicle's hands-free system is capable of handling multiple numbers per contact properly and have to conclude that the problem is due to a change on the phone side of the equation. I know that the HTC DNA runs a newer version of the Android OS as well as a newer version of HTC Sense so there are a number of potential sources of the problem.

If anyone has any thoughts as to how I might remedy this problem and wouldn't mind sharing, I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time and consideration!

All the best,

Charlie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. davidmanvell

davidmanvell Android Enthusiast

Have you tried to unpair and delete the contacts from the car stereo and then repaired and reimport them? Wondering if it just messed up when it did.

Is there a setting within your car stereo to keep them separate? Perhaps something you have to select when you pair it?

I'd also post this in the HTC DNA forum for better results.

Make sure your car stereo has the latest firmware as well.