1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Help Please! Deleted Android Keyboard while rooted!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chrislvl10, Apr 23, 2011.

1. chrislvl10

chrislvl10 New Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Hello,
    I rooted my phone to delete the preinstalled junk apps that I didn't want. I made sure that I wasn't deleting anything that might mess my phone up. However, I accidentally deleted "com.android.inputmethod.latin"
    The keyboard still works fine. However, now whenever I try to do anything on my phone this message pops up:
    Sorry!
    The application Android keyboard (process com.android.inputmethod.latin) has stopped unexpectedly.
    Please try again."
    I then have to select "Force Close" and then the phone works fine.
    Is there anyway I can download this to replace what I deleted?
    Thanks,
    Christen

::EDIT::
    Well I have downloaded the latinIME.apk (which is what I deleted [its the on screen keyboard]) but now I am having a problem getting it into the system/app folder. I tried using root explorer but it didnt work. I currently have froyo 2.2 on my phone.
    I would appreciate it greatly if anyone could explain to me how to use SDK manager to move latinIME.apk from my sd card to system/app. I have been searching all day and have yet to figure it out.
    I disabled the android keyboard so the pop-up doesn't come up anymore but I would like to have my on screen keyboard back.
    Help please? :)

Advertisement

2. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    School
    Olympia, Washington, USA
    I tried Root Explorer at one time when I deleted virgin_live.apk to move it back to /system/apps and it worked for me. I don't know why it's not working for you.

3. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2010
    Male
    electrician
    baltimore
    i would simply download the honeycomb keyboard and move on

4. bobbysweatpant

Apr 30, 2011
    Last I checked, Swype's beta was still open if you would like another option. Personally, I couldn't go back to the stock keyboard now.