• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help please HTC rooting

serphron

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
Hey guys, i have literally just signed up and this is probably in the wrong section but oh well...

i have a htc desire and i wanted to connect a wii remote to it. i installed the Wiimote app and then after researching i found out why it doesn't work. This is because i need to root it.

what i would like to know is what is rooting?
is it safe to do?
if i didnt like it could i turn it back?
and also would it really solve my problem?

Hey guys, i have literally just signed up and this is probably in the wrong section but oh well...

i have a htc desire and i wanted to connect a wii remote to it. i installed the Wiimote app and then after researching i found out why it doesn't work. This is because i need to root it.

what i would like to know is what is rooting?
is it safe to do?
if i didnt like it could i turn it back?
and also would it really solve my problem?

Just use this tool from here if you just want to root your existing ROM. Just do steps 1 (just the HTCsync bit) then 2 and 3.

Thats all I did to root it.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-desire/124085-rooting-tool-one-click-program.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones