• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Please - Modifying Boot Animation

dmw16

Lurker
Jul 31, 2010
EDIT:
Found this

http://androidforums.com/all-things...le-change-boot-startup-since-going-froyo.html

Answers my question.

=============================

I am attempting to modify/replace the default boot animation on my Incredible.

I am currently running Froyo 2.2 (not sure if that's relevant).

I downloaded the BIOS style boot animation and the zip file contains:
data [dir]
META-INF [dir]

the data directory contains:
local [dir]

the local directory contains:
bootanimation.zip (which has the part0 and part1 folders and the .txt file)

I followed the instructions I found here and based on that discarded everything other than the bootanimation.zip that had the part0 and part1 folders.

Just to be sure, I renamed the existing bootanimation.zip (in /data/local) and then pushed the new file.

When the phone reboots I get the same boot animation as before (the Droid eye that came with 2.2).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ok let me see if I can help You, take the new zip file and place it in your sdk tools folder. Also you have to have it renamed VZW_bootanimation.zip

(Just a heads up for Windows 7 users: Leave off the .zip and .mp3 from the file name)

Now you have to make sure you mount partitions in clockwork reovery. After that open a command prompt and push the files.

adb push VZW_bootanimation.zip /system/customize/resource/
adb push VZW_Droid.mp3 /system/customize/resource/

Now at this point you should see data being transfered, if you do it should work.

Upvote 0
That zip file isn't made for android 2.x. The files bootanimation.zip and androidaudio.mp3 should go in /data/local not /system/customize/resource

Since he is running 2.2, he does need to use VZW_bootanimation.zip and VXW_Droid.mp3 and put them in /system/customize/resource.
2.2 doesn't use /data/local for the custom bootanimations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones