• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please my phone is stuck.

Android noob

Mar 28, 2010
So I downloaded Helix launchers 1 and 2 and the first one was compatible with my eris... however on the info in the second on it said it will have a FC if it isn't compatible with your phone and its apparently not with my eris... but it won't stop force closing so I can't get to anything... there is just a blank black screen in the background and the FC thing pops up a second after I click force close... what in the world do I do?

Hate to tell you this, but you're screwed. I made the mistake of making OpenHome my default, which was fine, except I updated it while it was still my default, which apparently is a big no-no.

I too had the force close loop and the only way to get out of it, as far as I know, is to do a hard reset. Clears everything on your phone and you'll have to start from scratch.

Hope you backed your stuff up. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones