1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help PLease, need help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jerzeydevil, May 23, 2011.

1. jerzeydevil

jerzeydevil Lurker

Hello and Good Morning to everyone. Im asking for some help here. i just bought an Acer Iconia A500 tablet which im loving. but i need some help right now. im leaving for tomorrow and have a 12 hr trip and i wanted to put some movies on the Tablet. well i have an Acer Laptop and i tried the Sync to put the movies on the Tablet and nothing is working. i do have them converted to MP5 already. it shows them uploading but they arent on the Tablet. I dont know what is going on and i need the movies badly on it. i mean is there a setting im missing maybe? If someone can help me out it would be great..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gabeyong

gabeyong Android Enthusiast

Hi,

Just copy all your movies to your tablet (preferably in a folder)
    Download and install MoboPlayer from Market to watch your movies.

Bon Voyage :)

3. jerzeydevil

jerzeydevil Lurker

Hello again..well i have MoboPlayer on my tablet but i still can't get the movies on still. i have them in a folder on my laptop. when i connect the usb from the laptop to the tablet i try and drag them to it and it won't let me. i even tried the acer sync program and nothing. now i did see a icon on the Tablet called Media Server and its off. is that suppose to be on? i just don't know what im doing wrong..

4. gabeyong

hi,

ah... you have to install USB drivers on your laptop first.
    Grab the usb drivers for windows from here
    so when you connect your tablet to your laptop the tablet should show up as an external drive

cheers :)

5. jerzeydevil

jerzeydevil Lurker

i just don't know what is going on. i have them drivers and still nothing. i just dont get it.when i connect the USB to the tablet it shows it as a storage device but when i go to drag pic or movies it dont let me..knowing me its probably a stupid setting or something im not doing right.. so now im trying to put the movies on a USB Flash Drive and see if it will work that way. thanks for the help so far

6. gabeyong

Hi,

install wifi explorer and transfer using wifi network?

install wifi explorer in your tablet.
    make sure both your laptop and tablet are connected to the same wifi network
    launch the wifi explorer app on your tablet
    launch your internet explorer on your laptop
    type in the file explorer web URL <http://199.168.x.xxx:8000> in the address bar of internet browser - as seen on your tablet
    manage your files from your laptop to tablet via internet browser

Example:
    <create directory>[Movies]
    <click> directory [Movies]
    <choose file>
    <upload files>

when you are done just close both the browser and the wifi file explorer app
    you should be able to check your movie files in the Movies directory using file manager (e.g. Astro) and watch your movies using MoboPlayer

cheers :)

7. jerzeydevil

jerzeydevil Lurker

i just wanted to say thxs so much gabeyong. your 1st post actually is working. like i said it was probably something i was doing wrong and that is what it was. i wasnt double clicking on the storage icon for it to bring up the folder icons. i just loaded 9 movies on my Iconia. so now the trip wont be so bad. Thxs alot again

8. Myronbg

Myronbg Member

This is way off base, but I'm really impressed with Gabeyong thoughtful and "friendly" answers. There's nothing much in his profile. No location, type of work, etc. I'm not much interested in "credentials" as his responses are sufficient. Apple > Android or just +?