1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support help please no additional phone settings

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sharidoto, Aug 8, 2013.

1. sharidoto

sharidoto Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    going into my galaxy s3 I noticed under call setting then under additional setting all I have there is noise reduction where are all my other setting
    such as hise number and things of that nature

Advertisement

2. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    Paramedic
    Germany
    Do you have a branded phone? Did an update? Or messed around with some other stuff on your phone recently?

3. sharidoto

sharidoto Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    I want to hide my caller ID I cant I go settings call setting additional setting and there all I have is a noise reduction THATS IT what the heck anyone have any idea??:thinking:

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Merged threads for ya sharidoto:)
    Welcome to AF:)

5. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    In general, you can't actually hide the caller ID, this is a Telco specific feature and can only be achieved/activated by making a request with your service provider, and only then, they will mask your ID through settings on their system. It can never be done with device alone.

The only reason why some models come with the Hide Caller ID option in the menu, is because certain countries and certain service providers, allow the end user to toggle caller ID on and off, on their system through an automated process, rather than doing it through customer service. The phone simply send a request using USSD code (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) to service provider computer, and upon approval, executes the setting.

Again, it's not simply a phone's feature, the phone just help to automate the communication with provider's computer and makes the request through software. Just like activating voice mail or call forwarding.

There is actually a law against hiding caller ID, to prevent unsolicited communication, spam or harassment. But the enforcement is different by countries and providers. If your devices doesn't come with it, it means you need to make such request in person.

6. SebaKL

SebaKL Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 4, 2011
    Interactive Designer/Developer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    I just like to add, that there is something call Caller ID Spoofing. And while you might find apps or 3rd party services that will allow you to alter or hide the caller ID, I highly recommend checking what is the law about spoofing in your place. In the US, since 2007, it is consider a crime, and your provider could terminate your service without warning.

7. ThatOneRearEnd

ThatOneRearEnd Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 8, 2013
    Male
    Paramedic
    Germany
    Aw, come on... Caller ID spoofing?
    What are you? Sissies? :p

It probably won't work most of the time and, in case you might wanna do something against the law, they're still able to track it back to you...

8. sharidoto

sharidoto Lurker
    None

Aug 8, 2013
    branded as in sprint ? yes but I haven't done anything to it

9. dpg2383

dpg2383 Lurker
    None

Sep 16, 2013
    I am having the exact same problem. I haven't done any updates or anything of the sort. I wanted to turn off my call waiting but realized there was only one option in my additional settings which is "Noise reduction". Has anyone solved the issue to this. Thanks again.