1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help please Privileged process

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by salemmfaa, Sep 8, 2020.

1. salemmfaa

salemmfaa Lurker

Hello everyone I need your assistance and experiences on explaining to me a few processes running on my phone and I could not find any useful information about it. Is they normal ones because I could not find them on my brother phone although we both use Samsung note 10+

• Privileged_process0 and 2,3,4

• com.google.android.webview:sandboxed.proce
    ss0:eek:rg.chromium.content.app.SandboxedProc
    essService0:0

And, • Z-ram running under all the apps on the phone ?

I will attach a few pictures of the processes and thanks a lot

Best regards
    Salem

Attached Files:

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what phone do you have? seems perfectly normal to me. not exactly sure what the privileged process is, but it seems to me ok. my guess is that it is some part of a security feature on your phone.

is there a reason you are looking at this?

MrJavi likes this.
  3. salemmfaa

salemmfaa Lurker

Hello there 👋

Yeah am a bit concern about the device ( Samsung note 10 ) security and performance. Every thing look normal until I found those.

Thanks

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i think you are fine. its probably something to do with knox. having a phone hacked these days is much harder to do then in the past. just do the common sense things like keeping an eye on all of you accounts, be careful where you do your online banking, have 2 step verification setup where applicable, and finally be careful on what you download and install on your phone.

MrJavi and salemmfaa like this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Privileged process is a bit of a misnomer. It is for each tab you have open in Chrome, which sandboxes everything in each tab to keep any potential threats isolated. If you open Chrome and close all your tabs, I'll bet they go away.

MrJavi, salemmfaa and ocnbrze like this.