1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root help please real annoying browser bug

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xyojimbox, Aug 29, 2010.

1. xyojimbox

xyojimbox Member

Aug 10, 2010
    is there a fix my browser will just close wont even say force close just stop and go back to main screen and if i try to reopen it freezes and phone restarts its real effn annoying both stock browser and skyfire....

Advertisement

2. sabrewings

sabrewings Android Expert

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Mine was closing to home screen (no force close, just disappeared) a lot after I installed the official OTA ROM. It did it occasionally before that on 2.1, but it was very infrequent to the point I didn't really mind. I went to Skyraider 3.0 RC2 and it's been fine since.

3. TheHouseIT

TheHouseIT Newbie

Aug 2, 2010
    Are you running a custom kernel? Kings?.... had the same problem till I went back to a hydra kernel.

4. aminaked

aminaked Well-Known Member

Don't use a task killer.

You may want to try using dolphin HD. It has tabs and allows you to keep your user agent set to desktop so you can see non-mobile sites.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    What ROM/kernel are you running OP?

6. xyojimbox

xyojimbox Member

Aug 10, 2010
    right now that rom that some guy from xda uploaded shortly after the official one leaked.. and the kernel is the one im running that came with his rom... i tried kings and hydra.. i went to adrynalins 4th wave and kings and hydra kernel but browser did it a ton and phone froze and restarted alot..

7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    I have that happen when I'm overclocked past 1.113. Like you, no FC but it just closes randomly.

8. xyojimbox

xyojimbox Member

Aug 10, 2010
    what are you rocking as your rom? after reading im thinking about doing the skyraider one.. but i am on a rom made off the offical leak dont know if going to skyraider is good? i havnt tried his stuff yet

9. GiveMeItNow

GiveMeItNow Guest

Skyraider roms are awesome. I was running 2.5.2 for a bit and loved it. No problems what so ever. Switched over when leak came out. Try Skyraider if your tempted. I might go to 3.0 RC3!

10. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Android Expert

Apr 27, 2010
    clear the cache of your browser.