• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please, stuck boot loop

Amusick4889

Lurker
Jan 18, 2015
Ok guys,

HTC One M8 lit up last night by itself on the counter last night, when I checked it it had the HTC Powered by Android screen.

I finally got it to the screen in the attached photo.

197e03c05715c4b902c8dfc42cd40dfa.jpg

When I tried record mode, it brought up a blank screen with a red triangle with a exclamation point in the middle and started a loop going to that and the HTC screen endlessly.

After that I got back to the reset screen and tried Factory Reset. This brought up a screen with two arrows making a circle with an arrow pointing down inside but made the same loop.

This phone has not been modified in any way. Any ideas?

It looks like the operating system has been wiped, if it has never been tampered with I would see if it can be replaced under warranty. If not flashing a RUU might be able to get you back up and going. In order to find the right one we need to know your carrier. I also noticed your boot loader screen has no CID listed which is a bit odd.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones