• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help please! Zte warp sequent stuck in boot loop

Eye9Five

Lurker
Jul 11, 2013
Okay lastnight I got a ZTE software update (I was rooted), like an idiot I updated it and it rebooted and it just go stuck on a boot loop... I got a boot screen I never had, it was an android pissing on mac logo lol wtf! then I did a hard reset and wiped everything but its stiiiiiiiiiilll on boot loop as stock! I can access FTM mode and stock recovery mode. I tried the Zte Update tool but it says im already updated, then I tried to install the stock .zip through the recovery but it says "Installation aborted" I tried to install my back up.zip stiilll installation aborted :[ please help

When you run the tool over on the recovery options side youll see 2 options one says fastboot the other says terminal just click on the fastboot one and choose CWM touch then run it. if that doesnt work you could try the terminal method as it doesnt sound like you actually upgraded to JB yet so that might still work for you

Upvote 0
When you run the tool over on the recovery options side youll see 2 options one says fastboot the other says terminal just click on the fastboot one and choose CWM touch then run it. if that doesnt work you could try the terminal method as it doesnt sound like you actually upgraded to JB yet so that might still work for you

Junkie tool doesnt detect it, it says I have to have usb debugging mode on... how can I turn it on if phone stays on boot screen

Upvote 0
Do you have cwm?
Nvm just saw u have stock recovery... Perhaps while the phone is booting you can catch it in adb and reboot to bootloader

Or... stock recovery on mine has an option to flash zip from sd. Try flashing a rom?

how do I reboot to bootloader? And I tried that but keeps saying "Installation aborted" with every zip I try
:/

Upvote 0
Have you pulled the back off, and pulled the battery?

Hold volume down, and power on at the same time until you feel the vibration, then let go of those, it'll go into the boot screen.

But it's either Factory bone stock, or if rooted, your going to have actual choices.

I've just tried Junkies AIO_MODULAR, and it's told me I'm rooted, (but still have no root). Previously I'd used his (older I think) Pirate/skull version.

I can't fast boot it looks like I totally ruined an otherwise good newly partitioned and installed OTA. DAMN!

Upvote 0
someone make him a .bat file(sorry my internet is being stupid or id do it myself). in it write exactly this

Code:
adb wait-for-device
adb reboot bootloader

that will allow the program to wait and see if it connects while its looping, if it connects, even for a second, the commands will fire and toss you into bootloader, otherwise you might be screwed...

Reactions: Robertech
Upvote 0
basically the signature is based on the md5 value, which changes every time you make even the slightest adjustment inside the zip. adding, removing, modifying, whether you fully unzip it or not, will invalidate the signature because its basically subtracting the secret code from the signature and expecting to get the md5

Upvote 0
It seems the problem may be caused by rooting. If I am correct the update verifies the current system files. Since superuser and busybox are placed in the system files, the update errors out upon completion. Should state something regarding the md5 check error, which verifies the files are different from the original sys files. When a device is stuck in boot loop, it is very rare/hard for the adb wait to recognize it. There are a few solutions to solve bootloop errors if he had CWM. Since it is stock recovery all the files have to be signed, which is why any update zips will not work. If we could find a way to remove busybox and superuser from the system files there is a chance the device might boot up to factory settings after applying a factory reset. I am not sure to to remove these files with stock recovery but maybe someone else has some ideas. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
after reading through all these posts again, I gotta say you may be screwed. The only thing you even have a chance with is flashing the original OTA zip from stock recovery. I am completely unsure if this could work, much less sure if it will. It appears to be your only option at this point since flashing anything else is not possible and the zte tool says you are on b11.

The device could be fixed in the future if they come out with another update. Presumably once it notices you have a lesser version than the newest available, it would let you update it. That's a long shot though and we are not likely to get another update any time soon/ever. You never know lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones