1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sternesfenris, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

Moto X pure edition. Have had about 6 months. Today came back from a run and did some yard work. Had a few taps in my pocket that I thought were msgs. I get back in house and touch screen is unresponsive.

Shut off and turn on, nothing.

Factory reset and nothing.

The only thing I've noticed is when I boot up the phone says it is "locked".

Any help would be appreciated.

**Update 8/6, the above has been fixed**

I had a very good experience sending it in. Repaired and returned within a week, no cost. Screen works and everything. I've had the phone back for a week.

NEW problem, as of today, the speakers do not play music, and I can not hear phone calls unless I put the call on speaker phone. I've turned it off and on without it being fixed. I can't hear a youtube video, but if I plug in headphones it does play sound. I seem to be having tough luck.

edit: **update** fixed again, thanks again everyone!

#1 Sternesfenris, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    malakss likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Please elaborate more on the lock issue so I can get a clear understanding what your locked means because you did state that your phone is not doing nothing so how did you see the lock?

3. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

Sorry. That was very unclear.

Phone boots up but screen is unresponsive. I tap it and nothing will happen. I can use the power and volume buttons and even screenshot with those buttons, but touching the screen gives zero input.

As for the locked part, only thing I noticed (whether correctly or incorrectly) when trying to do a recovery etc.

From the recovery screen,

AP Flashboot Flash mode (secure)
    BI: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    Baseband: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    Product/Variant: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    Serial Number: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    CPU: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    eMnc: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    Dran: (bunch of numbers and letters)
    Console [Null]: null
    Battery OK
    Device is LOCKED. Status code: 0
    Software status: official

And this isn't me trying to be sarcastic, I just didn't think that the numbers/letters were relevant. I'm not even sure the device locked thing is relevant, just the only thing I've noticed.

Thank you for reading my first msg. Thanks!

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like the touch-screen itself might have failed, specifically the touch digitizer. Which would be repair or replacement required. If you've only had the phone six months, it should still be under manufacturer warranty.

david nist, ExLegionAir and Jfalls63 like this.
  5. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

Thanks! Is there any way to test/confirm that is the issue?

I take it the device locked thing is irrelevant?

6. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

The " Locked" that you see in Fastboot mode is referring to the phones bootloader.
    When you restart the phone, does it automatically take you to that screen?

david nist likes this.
  7. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

No. When I start it up I get the Motorola logo, and then the "Welcome" select language blue screen. I can't interact with that screen, and I assume this is due to me attempting a factory reset. Volume controls and power button work.

8. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Have to agree with @mikedt, sounds like digitizer bad.

david nist and mikedt like this.
  9. ExLegionAir

ExLegionAir Well-Known Member

mikedt likes this.
  10. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Be aware the first boot can take 15+ minutes after a factory reset.

11. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Thought of a few things. Is the screen clean and do you have any kind of screen protector on it?

12. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

I had a screen protector, I removed it. Was very little filth under it. Still a no go. Thank you very much everyone. It looks like it has to be the digitizer. Now I need to negative motorola lol

Jfalls63 likes this.
  13. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

Hell everyone, for an update.

I had a very good experience sending it in. Repaired and returned within a week, no cost. Screen works and everything. I've had the phone back for a week.

NEW problem, as of today, the speakers do not play music, and I can not hear phone calls unless I put the call on speaker phone. I've turned it off and on without it being fixed. I can't hear a youtube video, but if I plug in headphones it does play sound. I seem to be having tough luck.

edit: didn't realize I could edit the original post.

14. acejavelin

acejavelin Android Expert

Actually, for a new issue it is probably better to NOT edit the problem into the first post...

I would first check it in Safe Mode, press and hold Power until the Shutdown comes up and then long-press it and select safe mode. When the phone boots try playing some ring tones, music, etc... I have seen an app cause issues like this. If it works, it's a software issue, if it still fails it is likely hardware and you will need to contact Moto again.

Jfalls63 and Sternesfenris like this.
  15. Sternesfenris

Sternesfenris Newbie

Thanks for the forum tip, and you actually fixed my problem for me! Phone is working fine again, very much appreciated! :)

Jfalls63 likes this.

Motorola Moto X Pure Edition Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews