• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help please

Huglblurb

Lurker
May 14, 2021
So I've got the aforementioned phone model LM 600VM. I've switched from Verizon to Tmobile and I need to flash my phone to the tmobile software for my 5G to work. I've tried LGUP, LG Flash, and others to no avail. Just errors. Can anyone please work with me to fix this issue?

Have you checked with T-Mobile to see if your device is even capable of running on their system?

Verizon and T-Mobile use totally different cellular technologies.

It is not just the software on the device.

Some devices ARE capable in this way, some are not.

Even worse, some devices are manufactured to work on multiple individual systems, so even though two devices may be technically the same, they are not interchangeable with different cellular tech.

Upvote 0
Also, just my recent experience, Sprint and T-Mobile just merged.

I had Sprint service, which worked surprisingly well.
Now they switched me to T-Mobile and the service is non-existant- including the customer service.

As in, I have not had a working cellphone since April the 2nd.

Is that because the Sprint CDMA network was shut down, and so any CDMA phones will no longer work?

FWIW I just bought a new Samsung Note20, that uses Qualcomm Snapdragon rather than Samsung's own Exynos SoC, which I think is because compatibility with China Telecom's CDMA network.

Upvote 0
Is that because the Sprint CDMA network was shut down, and so any CDMA phones will no longer work?

No, not yet, but that is also coming.

Sprint, shortly before the merger, got busted for scamming on the free government phone program- which I am a participant in.

Part of the latest stimulus bill, as I understand it, included the act of changing the free government phone services to 5G.

As Sprint was using CDMA, and T-Mobile has moved to 5G, my provider (Q-Link) just switched everyone to T-Mobile.

The results have been horrible for thousands, if not tens of thousands of people.

5G is basically non-existant here.
In fact, 3G is still working great, at least until they (AT&T) kill it next year.

I figure that we MIGHT have halfway decent 5G coverage by the time the rest of the country is using 6G or 7G.

Upvote 0
i could be wrong, but i do not think that you as a customer needs to flash anything to get 5G. if you are already on t-mobile, you should get 5G as well....provided you are on their plan for it and the phone is compatible. if you are in a 5G area and do not get it, i would talk to t-mobile and see what they say.

Upvote 0

Sprint, shortly before the merger, got busted for scamming on the free government phone program- which I am a participant in.

Part of the latest stimulus bill, as I understand it, included the act of changing the free government phone services to 5G.

As Sprint was using CDMA, and T-Mobile has moved to 5G, my provider (Q-Link) just switched everyone to T-Mobile.

The results have been horrible for thousands, if not tens of thousands of people.

In fact, 3G is still working great, at least until they (AT&T) kill it next year.

I figure that we MIGHT have halfway decent 5G coverage by the time the rest of the country is using 6G or 7G.

As another note, Q-Link provided new SIM cards for all users.

For the vast majority, there is no way to make these work- no matter what device you try to use.

I even purchased a new device from my provider, and was told by a pop up from T-Mobile that the device is not compatible with their system.

This is a device purchased after the merger.
To think that the company somehow did not know... that is unthinkable.
Especially when you add the fact that they sent me the wrong phone- I had ordered a different device.

At the same time, customer service has completely vanished, and e-mails go unanswered.

If the phone is not used every 30 days, the service is disconnected altogether.

This truely seems like a way to be rid of all the free government phone people.

Consider that they have been giving free unlimited talk, text, and data- yet only receive $9.99 from the government a month for each recipient.

Upvote 0
Thank for the replies everyone. After talking to T mobile this phone just isn't compatible with any other firmware .

I know that it sucks, but the simple solution is to use a device designed to work on the carrier system that you are going to use.

Yes, this can be a nusiance in multiple ways.

But consider that some carriers give enormous discounts on the devices.
My most recent (and last) attempt at cellular service allowed me to purchase a device for $40, whereas the unlocked version was over $150.

I would have been very happy had service been activated in the 12 hours and multiple attempts of trying.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

I am in the same boat except I didnt care for sprint much either, on their phone bill they are off one hour on the enrite bill phone and texts one hour off, thats crazy. it has been no better with T-Mobile?

Upvote 0
I am in the same boat except I didnt care for sprint much either, on their phone bill they are off one hour on the enrite bill phone and texts one hour off, thats crazy. it has been no better with T-Mobile?

I have not seen an actual phone bill with a tally in years.
I guess I could ask for one, but I have no use of it.

I actually hate paper, and am actively trying to rid my life of any more of it.

I had get service with Sprint, the device got signal in most places very well.
Data was decent, even though it glitched under heavy use.

But T-Mobile?
Forget about it.
If I can't spit onto a tower, there is basically no signal.
Data is pretty much non-existant, unless I can rub my butt (it must be magical) directly onto the tower.
And the calls absolutely do not work unless they are VoLTE instead of traditional cellular.

I have not received any calls since I got the new sevice, so I wonder if I even can.
Outgoing calls and texts do work, sometimes.

Basically, I go from one public Wi-Fi to another, just like I did before when I had no service and only used devices with Wi-Fi.

Upvote 0
You can easily get your phone calls and even your texts for download on sprint no paper... I still go to the Sprint website I have not got the new T-Mobile sims cards I am going kicking and screaming I guess you could say.:oops: P.s I have also noticed hardly any of my texts are showing up on the text page so T-Mobile is not doing so well. I'm gonna haft to call them that's absurd. I at least want it accurate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones