• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

puss2cats

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Got x10 mini pro yesterday, been looking round and think its great. However, today is not going too well. Unable to bluetooth, researched and it appears I need an app. But somehow my internet connections have broke!! Unable to use any form of internet on phone (facebook, mail, apps, Vodafone 360). Have looked at user guide, SE support and spent hours fiddling with phone today but nothing works. Also wifi wont connect. Any ideas anyone??? Please??

One thing I observed was that it needed to be able to access data traffic first. I may be wrong, but it worked for me.

I wasn't able to access GPRS as I was using a prepaid roaming sim card and I'd run out of balance. So the first time I used my phone, I wasn't able to access the Android Market. Not even with a full signal WiFi connection.

As soon as I topped up my prepaid sim and was able to access GPRS, I was able to connect to Android Market and most other internet apps. And all this via WiFi, not GPRS.

I'm a complete newbie, and I might be spewing a load of BS here :) But I got the feeling that you should be ABLE to connect to data traffic, even though you do not use it.

And yes, factory reset helps :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones