1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Help please!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oxx73, Nov 19, 2010.

1. oxx73

oxx73 Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I have a rooted Moto Droid I with UD2 and I was having some issues so I reinstalled UD2 using clockwork Mod. Everything seem to install correctly but I am now in the eternal moto splash boot screen. I can still access clockwork via the power button and X button and I tried to fallback to a nandroid file but during reboot I still get stuck at the Moto splash page.

Advertisement

2. istolvampire

istolvampire Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    do you have another nandroid backup t try? Even on the computer that you saved from an earlier time?

3. Eddifire

Eddifire Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New Jerz
    Did you wipe data,cache,boot and systems first? Try that and install again.

4. oxx73

oxx73 Member

Jun 12, 2010
    I wiped boot and system first and that did not do the trick. I wiped all for and almost had to change my pants when it wiped my storage card that had my Roms on it. After gathering my self and rembering I kept the files on my laptop I reinstalled the Roms and was ble to proceed with a full recovery. Thank you for all of your assistance with my meltdown.

One last question why did the nandroid restore not work and how can I avoid this in the future? Thank You

5. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2010
    did you try to do a factory reset....that should atleast let you get on the phone, then load up a different ROM, and go back into recovery and put the new ROM on.

6. Eddifire

Eddifire Active Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New Jerz
    not sure why your nandroid backup didn't install but I always wipe data/cache then format boot and system from the partitions menu before installing a rom or restoring a backup.