1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help please!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adorm, Dec 1, 2009.

1. adorm

adorm Lurker

hi guys,

am being driven around the twist by my phone.... HTC Hero.... When i try to send a sms to someone the "TO" button sends me to my email address's and not my phone book! Am sure it is a simple setting problem but i can't find where to change it for love 'nor money. Can anyone help?!

cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trick202

trick202 Android Expert

Don't press "to", just click into the dialogue box and start typing their name.

3. adorm

adorm Lurker

cheers for the reply but....tried that and no joy.... still only comes up with email addresses!

ps. on the "add favorites" gizmo it too comes up with email addresses.... defo a wrong setting somewhere?

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

I find it easiest to either (a) use People to find who I want to contact, tap the name and select "Send message" or (b) as Trick suggested just type their name into the To: field in the Messages app until the correct one appears.

I've got a rubbish memory for numbers so names are easiest for me to work with. :eek:

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews