1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help please

Discussion in 'Verizon' started by irish1136, Jun 12, 2011.

1. irish1136

irish1136 Newbie
    None

Mar 20, 2010
    Staples Easy Tech
    PA
    Hey everyone
    I recently got employed at sprint and i am trying to switch to their service with my same number from vzw, i know i'd spend about 180 in an etf, i was wondering if i downgrade my phone to an old feature phone would my etf go to the 175-5 a month and would i get credited the 10 for the 17 months ive been in my contract or would it just remain the same smartphone etf of 350-10 per month in contract. Any help would be awesome!

Advertisement

2. RBEmerson

RBEmerson Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Retired!
    SE PA
    Really, only a friendly VZW rep could answer this. Some VZW reps are pretty darn sharp and can really work the system in your favor. And some... well, there's a reason why they're in a call center and not doing brain surgery. But ...uh... I wouldn't bet on your idea working.

3. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 9, 2009
    VA
    I think it may depend on the phone you had subsidized. If you bought a subsidized smartphone, the ETF is $350 prorated. If it wasn't subsidized, your plan may work.

4. viperman2008

viperman2008 Well-Known Member
    None

As far as I know, ETF policies are tied to the phone subsidized not the phone upon termination of service. The termination is for the line of service so you can put a feature phone on there and still pay monthly for that without etf but that's probably more expensive depending on when your contract ends.