• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help Please!!!

Roach07

Apr 16, 2012
Hello I rooted my droid x and tried to install the most recent upgrade for it. It wouldnt install so i deleted the custom recovery and temporarily unrooted the phone. i tried again to install it now i have a boot loop. i have numerous questions. 1.) i can still access boot loader good? can i flash an sbf? 2.) anyone have the link for the 4.5.605 manual update? 3.) I have a download for 4.5.621 if installed will that fix boot loop? 4.) i read you can keep root through .621 update if you preserve root through voodoo root preserver? is it true? that was my plan. install .621 fix my root then proceed to delete bloatware. will that work? 5.) does temporary unroot go off after turning off thevphone or do i need to run voodoo again?

Upvote 0
You'll have to be connected to a pc. This isn't something that can be done on the phone itself. Follow the link Colchiro posted. You'll need the sbf file, Motorola Droid X drivers and RSDLite to flash the sbf file. That stuff is all available in that link. From personal experience, it actually takes longer to read the directions than it does to sbf.

Reactions: colchiro
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones