• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP Please

Tristanguy28

Mar 20, 2012
I rooted my Marquee then tried to use cwm and rom manager to get MBv2 installed and now I'm stuck I have tried EVERYTHING I can find
LGNPST detects phone but says unknown and I can't get LS855_WD_1_0_7_0.dll to load for it either
KDZ_FW_UPD: Update Error: WParam:100 LParam:52
SmartFlashTool doesn't see it
LG Update utility says phone is up to date.... after trying various fixes I did have it try to go through but fail saying could not update s/w
KP500-Utils-EN.exe loads the LG updater after inputting .cab and version info and then fails
I am stuck at the screen with the droid, white box, and arrow... I can get to the LG "Download is in progress. Do not disconnect cable." screen but I'm stuck and it's killing me...

Oh and I have tried every version of the LG drivers I can find and have tried with and without LGE modem disable

Can you get into recovery? Pull then reinstall battery, hold volume down and power until you enter recovery?
edit: also, many have reported driver problems that were solved after rebooting their computer. Just a thought....

I've rebooted I've tried different driver versions and I cannot get into recovery I get the screen with the droid the arrow and the white box and if I tap the home button it gives me a message saying it is in recovery but can't mount the file I've tried entering this mode with the SD card in there and still nada.....

Upvote 0
I think I might be in a similar situation as you. I tried to flash CWM and I did it through ROM manager. When I opened CWM.zip from my phone it rebooted and now im stuck at the droid and box with an arrow screen to and I can click the home button a bunch of times and it says android recovery can't mount SD card then finding update package.

Im going to try this method and see what happends:

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...uide-flash-your-phone-back-stock-kdz-cab.html

Upvote 0
I think I might be in a similar situation as you. I tried to flash CWM and I did it through ROM manager. When I opened CWM.zip from my phone it rebooted and now im stuck at the droid and box with an arrow screen to and I can click the home button a bunch of times and it says android recovery can't mount SD card then finding update package.

Im going to try this method and see what happends:

http://androidforums.com/marquee-al...uide-flash-your-phone-back-stock-kdz-cab.html

I finally got LG Mobile Support Tool to try to update it even tells me it is going to DL ver 1.6 it starts to go then fails saying phone not supporting s/w update....
KDZ updater doesn't work either and R&D Test Tool has all options greyed out it does already have the .kdz file listed but I can't do ANYTHING

Upvote 0
I finally got LG Mobile Support Tool to try to update it even tells me it is going to DL ver 1.6 it starts to go then fails saying phone not supporting s/w update....
KDZ updater doesn't work either and R&D Test Tool has all options greyed out it does already have the .kdz file listed but I can't do ANYTHING

When all else fails.. Try a different computer.

Download the LG mobile united drivers

Make sure U run windows enabler and install that msi file included with the lg tools.

Go to device properties, disable lg modem. restart pc.

Make sure modem is still disabled and windows enabler is on and try R&D.

If U can achieve adb then U will be fine.

Keep me posted

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I'm having internet problems at my new place for awhile but I'll try to upload a video or a link to what you need basically what you need to do is get into download mode (emergency recovery whatever ) and edit the hosts file to stop cslg something or another from updating. It's not really that complicated it's just I haven't done it in awhile and I'm on my ubuntu partition updating

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I'm having internet problems at my new place for awhile but I'll try to upload a video or a link to what you need basically what you need to do is get into download mode (emergency recovery whatever ) and edit the hosts file to stop cslg something or another from updating. It's not really that complicated it's just I haven't done it in awhile and I'm on my ubuntu partition updating

I appreciate the help... I'm ALMOST there.... I just need a way to find out what the PRL was on the old phone.... The phone now has my number meid esn mid etc I just haven't figured the prl out yet...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones