1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cgb123, May 6, 2012.

1. cgb123

cgb123 Lurker
    None

May 6, 2012
    so i have a rooted thrill the only thing done to it is what i needed to get backtrack on it i downloaded a ROM manger and clicked fixed permissions and now my phone wont show text on it only pics and half the apps don't work all i can do is make calls on it i was wondering if i just hard reset it will it fixed it and restore it to stock and yea im a newb to this if ya cant tell

Advertisement

2. Android1993

Android1993 Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 26, 2011
    I'm sure you fixed your issue by now, but I'll still have a go at this. Now, the problem seems to be the Rom Manager. From my previous phone and knowledge, Rom Manager wasn't fully supported by the phone, and if you by any chance decided to use it for something that wasn't supported, you'd screw it up. The only options I can think of right now would be to do a Factory Reset, or better, re-flash whatever Rom you were using through CWM while only clearing Cache and Dalvik. By re-flashing the Rom you're using, if it's a custom Rom, you might not lose your content and have the issue fixed, just don't Wipe Data through CWM. If you can't do either of those, or either of those don't help fix the issue, you can use the LG Support Tool to update back to LG's Gingerbread Rom.

If none of this helped you're outta luck until you find someone who can guide you through some other options.

Tags: