• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help please?

droidhaxz

Sep 3, 2011
so i got the activa yesterday and i rooted it, debloated it and changed a couple of things like boot animation and the font, i decide to go back to original font and i got stuck in a boot loop, i used adb to boot up into system recovery and did a factory reset *thought that would fix it since no roms or backup* and now im stuck in boot loop and now i cant adb since usb debugging is off because of factory reset, so any suggestions or something ?

What bloatware did you delete?

all basic bloatware my metro ,easy wifi ect. but it was running fine and i even changed the font to jellybean font and it was still running normal, then i went back to my backup of the original font and tried restoring it but when i went to go restart i got stuck in bootloop and by the way thanks for helping

Upvote 0
I don't know frankly. The only thing I use it for is to root and flash recovery. But by the name I think its to tether to the computer if its in the plan, not really sure.

I think that when you did a hard reset it tried returning all the files onto the phone that were deleted. Do you have adb commander?

If you do connect it while its booting and it might pop up. Don't have this device but on the esteem it will show up on adb commander while its on the bootanimation.

Upvote 0
I don't know frankly. The only thing I use it for is to root and flash recovery. But by the name I think its to tether to the computer if its in the plan, not really sure.

I think that when you did a hard reset it tried returning all the files onto the phone that were deleted. Do you have adb commander?

If you do connect it while its booting and it might pop up. Don't have this device but on the esteem it will show up on adb commander while its on the bootanimation.

nah i dont get that on boot up it reads it as like a driver though cause it says install hauwei drivers and all that so im guessing that there is a work around, ah ill just keep searching, thanks for your help though

Upvote 0
I think I know a solution. I haven't updated using this method because I messed up the stock recovery trying to flash CWM on it and failed so I'm not sure if it'll unroot my phone iif I do this and since my stock rom is out then I can't root it again. Either way this method is safe since it's an official firmware for this phone. I don't know if it patches anything or if you'll be able to root your device again if it unroots it but from what I can tell you don't have much of a choice unless you plan on getting a new phone.

First, see if you can do this; hold down the UP Volume button and then hold the power button until a white screen goes on, it should say something like "Updating with tfupdate.img" and after a second it'll say "no tfupdate.img found, system will reboot now". if you can do that then you should be good.

Now go to this website and click download and save; Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

it'll give you a zip file, extract and copy the folder called "image" on to the root of your Activa SD card (use an SD adapter to transfer the files since your phone is bootlooping)

now do the same thing I asked you to do in the beginning, hold the UP Vol button and the Power button and it should update your phone. It will take a while to complete and on your first boot it will take a long time to load. After that you should be good.

If this works tell me how your phone is, if the update did anything, did it unroot your phone? etc.

Upvote 0
This update was pushed out to the LA area yesterday. Mine failed in the middle and messed up my Market. I was getting an " There is insufficient space available on the device" Error when trying to download apps from the market.
This morning, I went to Huawei's site and downloaded the update. Ran it and root is gone. THIS WILL UNROOT YOUR DEVICE!!!!. I am now heading to rooting again. Hopefully i will be able to using the old update method.

Upvote 0
This update was pushed out to the LA area yesterday. Mine failed in the middle and messed up my Market. I was getting an " There is insufficient space available on the device" Error when trying to download apps from the market.
This morning, I went to Huawei's site and downloaded the update. Ran it and root is gone. THIS WILL UNROOT YOUR DEVICE!!!!. I am now heading to rooting again. Hopefully i will be able to using the old update method.

Old Rooting method still works. If you see the need to get this update, or if it is pushed to you and end up unrooted. You can still use Panda's method to root this device.

Upvote 0
I think I know a solution. I haven't updated using this method because I messed up the stock recovery trying to flash CWM on it and failed so I'm not sure if it'll unroot my phone iif I do this and since my stock rom is out then I can't root it again. Either way this method is safe since it's an official firmware for this phone. I don't know if it patches anything or if you'll be able to root your device again if it unroots it but from what I can tell you don't have much of a choice unless you plan on getting a new phone.

First, see if you can do this; hold down the UP Volume button and then hold the power button until a white screen goes on, it should say something like "Updating with tfupdate.img" and after a second it'll say "no tfupdate.img found, system will reboot now". if you can do that then you should be good.

Now go to this website and click download and save; Downloads - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

it'll give you a zip file, extract and copy the folder called "image" on to the root of your Activa SD card (use an SD adapter to transfer the files since your phone is bootlooping)

now do the same thing I asked you to do in the beginning, hold the UP Vol button and the Power button and it should update your phone. It will take a while to complete and on your first boot it will take a long time to load. After that you should be good.

If this works tell me how your phone is, if the update did anything, did it unroot your phone? etc.

THANK YOU:D Got It Working Again & I did lose root but it is rootable again, once again thank you

Upvote 0
Welcome to Android Forums, mochakingman! Great to have you!

Going black with script?

If you are talking about Recovery, yes. It would have various things to choose from like "Reboot System Now", "Install Zip from SD Card", etc. If you are in Recovery and are not familiar with these options, I would advise that you select Reboot System Now, let the phone boot up normally, and stay with the phone's operating system until you ARE familiar... there are options in Recovery that can really ruin your day (and your phone) if you hit the wrong thing. There are folks here who will be happy to help.

If you are seeing script that says something besides "Recovery", then we will need additional information. What for example, does the script say?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones