• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help please

CoopDawg

Lurker
Apr 25, 2010
I locked out my htc hero . And remembered the dang password after its locked out. It wants me to put my google email and pw in to unlock it. Now i put these in on google mail on my computer and it worked fine but, when i put it in my phone the password is always removed and says its wrong when its not. I don't want to go to cellular south and them reset my phone. to help you guys here's some questions you may want to know.

Yes my internet is on
I only have 1 bar of service where i live but yes i could use the market so it should take the password. What could be the problem i need replies and help.

Null seems to help a lot of people on the google boards. I also found this:

On my htc hero
here is how I got my phone to unlock.
I think it was this order. It happened really fast. :)
1. changed my password on my gmail account.
2. made a call to my phone.
3. While on the call pulled down the top menu and tap the sign in/ authenticate button.
4. A menu will pop up and ask you to put in your password to authenticate. (still on
the call while doing this) I pulled up the keyboard by tapping in the password box or
you can hit the menu key to get it to come up. Put in my new password and let it try
to authenticate. (it cant because you are on the phone but let it try and give you
the message that it is unable to authenticate)
5.After that end the call and go back to the screen that says enter you gmail
username (your gmail email address) and password. Put in this information.
It actual worked this time and it asked me to set a new unlock pattern. so I did the
pattern twice and ended up at my home page.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones