• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help please!

str1de

Lurker
Dec 30, 2012
Friend gave me his HTC Merge, but there is obviously something wrong it so i thought i could possibly try and fix it..

When i turn it on, in goes to the white screen that has the green "HTC" but after that, it just goes black.. I can access the boot menu and everything just fine. I've tried following HTC Devs site about unlocking boot loader? And that doesn't work. I get the error "(bootloader) [ERR] Command error"

I also tried hooking the phone up to the computer and the computer recognizes it being plugged in, but HTC Sync doesn't see that its connected?

I've tried resetting it, tried EVERYTHING I KNOW!

Is there a way to reset it completely??

* BTW * I do NOT have an sd card. Is this something I will need?

Friend gave me his HTC Merge, but there is obviously something wrong it so i thought i could possibly try and fix it..

When i turn it on, in goes to the white screen that has the green "HTC" but after that, it just goes black.. I can access the boot menu and everything just fine. I've tried following HTC Devs site about unlocking boot loader? And that doesn't work. I get the error "(bootloader) [ERR] Command error"

I also tried hooking the phone up to the computer and the computer recognizes it being plugged in, but HTC Sync doesn't see that its connected?

I've tried resetting it, tried EVERYTHING I KNOW!

Is there a way to reset it completely??

* BTW * I do NOT have an sd card. Is this something I will need?

the longest you can toggle the usb to recognize the phone you can try to do some ADB or load the original ROM on to it and let it update the whole phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones