1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

help please

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Android Question

None
    I changed my pattern on my Galaxy nexus on Verizon not knowing that I had Data and WiFi off, and now I put in the wrong pattern on too many times and can only unlock my phone using my Gmail account and Password... Unfortunatley, I have DATA and WiFi OFF so it cant verify if i have the correct info or not.. I logged on to my google account on my laptop perfectly fine, but i cant on my G-Nexus LTE because I dont have data or wifi on! Any help? Please.. ANYTHING but hard resetting my phone I have at least 2000 pictures of family on it and I havent backed up in ages... I have an app where i can turn on and off data and wifi from the status bar, so even being able to at least bring the status bar down to turn those ON will be sufficient.

I AM rooted and unlocked bootloader and i am on ICS build 4.0.4

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Without any way to access the internet, and with USB debugging probably disabled, your only option is a factory reset through recovery.

Old computer axiom - any data that's not backed up to at least 2 different devices is data you don't need.

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Since you do have an unlocked bootloader, you can install or soft-boot (i.e., boot, but not flash), via fastboot, a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP, etc.) and then use adb to access and/or pull your files/pictures off of your device.

USB debugging should be enabled by default on a custom recovery.

Make a thread here in our http://androidforums.com/verizon-galaxy-nexus-all-things-root/ area and send me a PM to it's location and I'll try to help walk you through the process.

Thankfully, with an unlocked bootloader, you've got lots of recovery options, which we can explore in your upcoming thread.

Cheers!

edit / P.S.: since you are rooted, there's a very good chance you do already have USB debugging enabled and should be able to use adb to pull you pictures off of your device.