• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help pleeease!

I've been running CM6 extremely happily for the past few weeks, but today I decided to try NFXHero just for the hell of it. I did a nandroid backup, rebooted into clockworkmod recovery, wiped cache, wiped dalvik, did a factory reset. Then I flashed NFXHero 2.2.1 deodexed, flashed the module remover, flashed Uncapped Kernel #6 (the nfxhero thread on xda says nfxhero can use any kernel) and rebooted my device.

But... I've ended up in a dreaded boot loop! The NFX Hero boot animation runs, freezes after about 10 seconds, and then starts over again.

Where did I go wrong!?

It's painful watching my Hero suffer like this :'(

I forgot to mention... holding home and power doesn't reboot my phone into the recovery mode I expect, it just gives me the option of clearing all data, and then resetting my phone. However doing this still doesn't take me out of the boot loop. I've tried battery pull after battery pull as well with no success, as well as removing my SD card.

Upvote 0
I've been running CM6 extremely happily for the past few weeks, but today I decided to try NFXHero just for the hell of it. I did a nandroid backup, rebooted into clockworkmod recovery, wiped cache, wiped dalvik, did a factory reset. Then I flashed NFXHero 2.2.1 deodexed, flashed the module remover, flashed Uncapped Kernel #6 (the nfxhero thread on xda says nfxhero can use any kernel) and rebooted my device.

But... I've ended up in a dreaded boot loop! The NFX Hero boot animation runs, freezes after about 10 seconds, and then starts over again.

Where did I go wrong!?

It's painful watching my Hero suffer like this :'(

Uncapped kernels are more for froyo roms

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones