1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Help pls: My fone doesnt open after firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by softpinkishlips, Feb 18, 2011.

1. softpinkishlips

i just upgraded my firmware from JPA i think to JPE. after upgrade my fone now is useless. it doesnt open. pls help!! did i brick my fone>???? pls help me bring my fone to life again

Advertisement

2. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Newbie

what happens when you turn it on? does it stay stuck on the boot screen (the one with galaxy s rainbow or whatever)?

3. softpinkishlips

yes and after that i get a blank screen and thats it

4. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Newbie

that happened to me too. what you need to do is do a factory reset in the recovery menu. do you know how to do that?

5. softpinkishlips

no. pls teach me

6. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Newbie

with you phone off, press and hold VolumeUP+Home+Power. Once it reboots, release the buttons. There you will find the options "reboot", "apply sdcard:update.zip", "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition".
    You can navigate the recovery screen using VolumeUp & VolumeDown and use the Home button to select.
    Choose the "wipe data/factory reset" option.

WARNING: this will restore your phone to the original configuration of the firmware YOU LAST INSTALLED (including any updates made via update.zip). This will NOT bring your phone back to the firmware installed when you originally bought it unless you haven't flashed your phone. You will lose all your data and apps ok.

---THanks to DarkStriker from the XDA forums for this.--

If you have further questions, just tell me. Good luck!

7. noalkecodoc

noalkecodoc Lurker

Dude, I had the same problem before and now my phone have backed to life (like ur phone will). I dont know you can go to Download mode by 3 button combo or not, so if U can, just go to it, if not, find the way to go to Download mode in here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSaeaAcJHqw .
    >> When U went to Download mode already, plug ur USB cable to the phone (just phone, not computer)
    >> Download Odin and Android 2.1
    >>Setup Android 2.1 to Ur phone, now ur phone will be back.
    >> Find the best Android 2.2 and set up it to ur phone again
    >> OK. Now ur phone is alive and strong.

8. softpinkishlips

i pressed the 3 buttons but i got the yellow sign digging. what's next? its been there for hours already.

9. softpinkishlips

in XDA forum they told me to flash my fone with Odin. here only fcty reset. which is better?

10. ronmtorres

ronmtorres Newbie

I think you are pressing the down volume button instead of the up button. you went into download mode by pressing down.

As for your question re factory reset and flashing using ODin, suggest you do factory reset first. if it doesn't work, then do the Odin trick.