• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help plz, did a factory reset...

snoopy2699

Jan 6, 2011
So I wanted to change my google email account on my phone. Called up tech support and the guy told me to back my contacts up and I should be good. Also EVERYTHING I had put on my sd card would still be there. Well when I went to reset everything it said it would not delete anything on my sd card.

When I reset the phone the apps that I transferd onto the sd card are all gone. I had a crap ton. Im just wondering what happend and if there is anyway to retreive them. I did not pay for any apps. Just had ALOT because im new to the android/smartphone class and d/l everything.

Any help would be great. Phone is up and running..fast, have all my contacts, and have all my pictures and stuff on my sd card. Just wondering if ill be spending the rest of the night d/l apps I had.

Thanks all!

Download the apps from the market, the ones that keep saved data on the SD card will be the same. The others will be just like new. Next time don't use tech support use android forums:)

If you had any paid apps and don't use the same gmail account you will lose those paid apps.

Upvote 0
Thank you amazon login...thought I lost my flex9 haha.

This is good to know...

ty

**edit** When I did finish talking to the tech about this situation I asked "is there any software updates coming soon..." he said "actually I own the TB myself and I have not heard of any..."

WWWWOWWWW.... just sayin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones