1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help Plz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kenjuu, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Kenjuu

Kenjuu Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    Military
    Hey guys. A while back I rooted my wifes fascinate and all was well and good. All I did to it was enable root. No roms or anything. Well i forgot to disable OTA updates and my wife clicked yes to an update. Now she has this diamond thing in her notification bar and I have no access to root. I cant connect to USB to fix it. Ive tried to install BBox using TB but no root acccess. I have the latest CWM but I cant boot into recovery. any help would be appreciated:thinking:

Advertisement

2. HKM

None

Well I don't own Fascinate so I can't actually comment but from my experiance with various device I can recommend this which you can verify maybe.

What you want to do is download the stock image and place it root of your SDCard and from bootloader you can recover and install the stock image and radio. This way it will revert back to stock rom/baseband. I suggest you go to XDA and post it there. I am sure they have stock image in repository there.

3. saps

saps Android Expert
    None

Sep 12, 2010
    Top Secret
    WA
    You must have someone received an OTA either DL09 or EA28. Go to settings>about phone and see what your baseband is. The diamond thing is the e911 which is going to be there until to put on a rom or theme which gets rid of it

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Will getting to the boot/recovery menu help? From there you can wipe cache, etc.

With the device turned off (make sure it's truly powered all the way down; wait a minute prior to doing anything) then hold down the volume keys (both up and down at the same time), while holding them, push in the power key and hold them all until the Samsung name comes on the screen, then release.

5. Kenjuu

Kenjuu Newbie
    None

Feb 19, 2010
    Military
    the baseband is EA28. and I can get to the stock recovery page but i need CWM recovery. I have regained the ability to connect to USB but thats it. I tried to re-do the one click root again but it constantly fails

6. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    Buffalo, NY USA
    Can you get into Download mode? If so, just reflash the recovery (Using Odin), and then do the root using CWM.

7. mdram

mdram Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    Engineer
    Maryland
    i had a similar issue
    what i had to do was

connect to usb
    get temp root by pushing bb, su, rage
    run rage to get temp root
    then remove all root items like bb, su, rage, any temp or perm folders