• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root help possibly bricked

cdonkey

Lurker
Sep 22, 2014
so i have the zte force for boost and i think i might be bricked. i have tried all i can think of to try and get this fixed from restoring a fresh nandroid backup and reinstalling the rom i flashed. i tried installing the droidsmith 0.7.0 rom and everything went ok but when i entered the os it said there was things that needed installed so i clicked ok and that is where things went bad. i think it said that something went bad when it went into cwm and now when i try to boot the phone i get a strange pixel screen and it just keeps going back to cwm and nothing else if someone could help me out or tell me that the phone is done for that would help me out a lot. thanks in advance

***EDIT***
i think i figured out how to fix all the problems i was having. so i have dsf 7 installed and before i had the cwm recovery that wasnt touch. this caused my phone to default boot to recovery no matter what and i couldnt boot android without booting into the bootloader and using fastboot continue to boot android. what i did to fix this issue is i installed the touch version of cwm and that seems to have gotten rid of my need to use fastboot to boot android so if anyone else is having this issue this is what seems to have worked for me :)

You can flash your stock firmware through Odin.. If you can't flash your backup.. Just make sure its the official firmware.. Flash the firmware you might half to go into the stock recovery and do a factory reset.. Then your phone will be just like the day you bought it. But if it boots up fine then you don't need to do that.. Then re root and re flash your recovery and all done..

Upvote 0
i think i was able to half fix this issue i was having by using adb to reboot into the bootloader then using fastboot to continue booting the device though this is the only way i can actually get the phone to boot into android because if i just restart normally then it will be in the same situation it was in so if anyone else can help with that issue then thanks xD

Upvote 0
Thanks, I guess I was just worried that there might be trouble with the partitions or something (which is why the OS would be gone) and that if you try to reflash the recovery it might dissappear too. I'll give it a shot with fresh cwm and let you know if it works. Also, did this guy ever get his device working?

Edit: well you were right, cwm was the problem. Reflash CWM and everything was fine. Thanks man.

Upvote 0
I encountered a similar issue when I tried to revert to dsf from JB, I kept getting errors that the /data partition was full. It turned out that cwm had created a folder in root folder and created 2GB of backups there.

After I deleted those backups I did factory reset, then wiped dalvik cache, and installed dsf then everything worked properly again.

I still don't know where those cwm backups came from.

Maybe this will help you??

Good luck and cheers,
-SB

Upvote 0
Just remember to run away from the OTA On droidsmith! also i have a weird occurrence I DSF. Antutu can back at 19000! It only did it once but I'm curious to know if anyone else else has seen Antutu do that? Or was my freshly installed rom just freaking get supercharged for a few minutes?

BTW: Sawbones... If you wanna walk me through stuff I will put in the time of your jb rom. Fair warning though, I can flash a rom and recovery but not much else. I'm otherwise WI down literate, but have been trying to figure out Linux ( and not really succeeding). But like I said if you wanna babysit the project I do have some free hours and a will to learn ;) but not a will to bash my head against the Google data sample that is always conveniently hiding the info you want behind loading times and ads.

Upvote 0
Just remember to run away from the OTA On droidsmith! also i have a weird occurrence I DSF. Antutu can back at 19000! It only did it once but I'm curious to know if anyone else else has seen Antutu do that? Or was my freshly installed rom just freaking get supercharged for a few minutes?

BTW: Sawbones... If you wanna walk me through stuff I will put in the time of your jb rom. Fair warning though, I can flash a rom and recovery but not much else. I'm otherwise WI down literate, but have been trying to figure out Linux ( and not really succeeding). But like I said if you wanna babysit the project I do have some free hours and a will to learn ;) but not a will to bash my head against the Google data sample that is always conveniently hiding the info you want behind loading times and ads.

If you place fotakill.apk in /system/app then restart you will no longer receive ota updates.

About JB, best thing to devote your time to is begging Sprint to release it or finding a phone that has it.

Cheers
-SB

Upvote 0
so i have the zte force for boost and i think i might be bricked. i have tried all i can think of to try and get this fixed from restoring a fresh nandroid backup and reinstalling the rom i flashed. i tried installing the droidsmith 0.7.0 rom and everything went ok but when i entered the os it said there was things that needed installed so i clicked ok and that is where things went bad. i think it said that something went bad when it went into cwm and now when i try to boot the phone i get a strange pixel screen and it just keeps going back to cwm and nothing else if someone could help me out or tell me that the phone is done for that would help me out a lot. thanks in advance

***EDIT***
i think i figured out how to fix all the problems i was having. so i have dsf 7 installed and before i had the cwm recovery that wasnt touch. this caused my phone to default boot to recovery no matter what and i couldnt boot android without booting into the bootloader and using fastboot continue to boot android. what i did to fix this issue is i installed the touch version of cwm and that seems to have gotten rid of my need to use fastboot to boot android so if anyone else is having this issue this is what seems to have worked for me :)
Could you give me the touch custom recovery file please.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones