1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root HELP!!! problem with recovery after using Kernal Manager

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stephenvt2001, Apr 22, 2011.

1. stephenvt2001

stephenvt2001 Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Oh boy. I think I really messed up here. I have searched these forums and others. But I made some big mistakes (I think) which I cant find help for.
    Root method: unrevoked. Rom: cm7. Attempted to flash savage zen kernal via kernal manager (for the first time).

Ok so I have been sucessful in flashing roms with rom manager. So I thought I would give kernal manager a try. I did not back up before flashing the kernal ( I understand now that I should have just like I ALWAYS do for a rom). I attempted to flash the kernal and the process stopped at hboot. I then went into recovery and installed the kernal from the "intall zip from sd card." I was then back in fastboot unable to get back to a working phone.
    So I took out the sd card out and put in on my mac. I then took a old nandroid back up file and put it on the sd card. I then put the sd card back on the phone thinking I could restore back to that back up. THe file could not be found. While the phone was sitting on my desk at the backup/recovery I bumped the phone pushing it into backing up. Geezzzeee. I have wiped cache and davik cache. Anyway, now the only back up I see is the mistaken one (the one that I just did, but didnt mean to do). So here I am. HELP.
    Please dont be too harsh. And thank you.

Advertisement

2. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 10, 2010
    So you can still get into recovery, right?

3. stephenvt2001

stephenvt2001 Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Yes. I just cant fine the nandroid I put on there.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    did you put the nandroid in the specific folder that clockwork mod uses when it makes nandroid backups? if it is in the correct folder it shoud be able to find it. unfortunately i haven't used clockwork mod in a long while so i'm not sure what folder they are in.

5. stephenvt2001

stephenvt2001 Newbie
    None

Aug 21, 2010

AHHHHH!!!! maybe this is why! Thanks. I will try.

Tags: