1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help...problems after updating!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Foleya23, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Foleya23

Foleya23 Lurker

Hi, Has anyone had any problems with recent updates for htc desire s?? I updated it earlier and now can't really use phone at all...tried taking battery out but when the phone comes on again it just says tell htc system crash but before I click tell htc the phone freezes and only way I can get phone to do anything is take the battery out again and do process over again which gets me no where! Any ideas????

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast

Two thing to try...

1) The Soft Reset - Power the phone off > Remove the battery for 30 seconds > Replace battery and power the phone on.

2) The Factory Reset - Here's what the manual says:

"Performing a factory reset using the phone buttons

If you can’t turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a
    factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
    1. Remove the battery, wait for a few seconds, then reinsert the battery.
    2. Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly press the POWER button.
    3. Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME DOWN button.
    4. Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button."

If neither of those work, then it looks like you'll have to get it repaired or replaced.

3. Foleya23

Foleya23 Lurker

4. eboney66

eboney66 Lurker

Hello.
    been new to this please bear with me, I have lost my purple passion skin & have a green tick in the right hand corner not giving me the option to download or apply,this happened when i did an update

(i have posted this earlier but lost the thread:eek: & loosing the plot!!)

Also if i do a factory reset will i loose everthing contacts etc or is there another way to get this back?

I am soooo not techy minded & this is my 1st HTC phone so sorry if you think im asking silly questions

5. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast

6. eboney66

eboney66 Lurker

Thank~you,
    I have tried both dowloading the link & following what was said too & have had no sucsess with either, like i said i am so not techie minded & think i am just going to go to the shop get them to save my data & do a resore as it's giving me a right headache now lol, thanks for your time tho x

HTC Desire S Forum

The HTC Desire S release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews