• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help re-installing deleted apk's

adamyork

Lurker
May 8, 2011
Right, I today rooted my phone after getting the multi-touch update so that I could get rid of some of the apps it put back on my phone (wisepilot, creatouch, moxier, etc.).

But then I made the common stupid mistake of removing some google files (can't remember specifically which ones) that are needed to access the market.

I've spent hours reading into how to re-install google talk on my phone to get everything working again. But there seems to be so many posts saying different methods, providing different zip files and so on.

So I would be really grateful if someone can just list me a clear set of instructions, i.e. which files do I need to download? which folder do I need to download them to on my phone? what order do I install them in? do I need to do any reboots during the process? , etc. etc.

My phone is Sony Xperia X10i, firmware version 2.1-update, build number 2.1.A.0.435.

Please help!

Right, I today rooted my phone after getting the multi-touch update so that I could get rid of some of the apps it put back on my phone (wisepilot, creatouch, moxier, etc.).

But then I made the common stupid mistake of removing some google files (can't remember specifically which ones) that are needed to access the market.

I've spent hours reading into how to re-install google talk on my phone to get everything working again. But there seems to be so many posts saying different methods, providing different zip files and so on.

So I would be really grateful if someone can just list me a clear set of instructions, i.e. which files do I need to download? which folder do I need to download them to on my phone? what order do I install them in? do I need to do any reboots during the process? , etc. etc.

My phone is Sony Xperia X10i, firmware version 2.1-update, build number 2.1.A.0.435.

Please help!

Easiest way I have found is to install something like this

Blue Sparks

And the remove any extras I don't want.

It is difficult searching to see what each file is, but basically, you could install the generic firmware

http://androidforums.com/2243501-post2.html

And then before removing anything, search about information before you delete anything and test everything out along the way. Common mistake I have read is removing Google Talk...it is needed for email pushes/syncs. Apart from that I have spent a few minutes searching and it is hard to find one page with the info you are looking for.

You could also download one of those ROMS listed here

xda-developers - View Single Post - [REF][INDEX][Guide][How/Where-To] ALL-IN-ONE Consolidated X10 INFO | ROMs/THEMEs List

And unrar/unzip and take a look at the filenames.

Upvote 0
Starting to get really cheesed off with this now!

I managed to get talk installed again, but it would open up, try to connect to my google account - but then always get an error or say it couldn't connect to the Google servers.

So I thought I'd try a factory reset to see if that fixed it - but it didn't install Talk or GoogleApps at all!

I've also tried using the Sony Ericsson repair/update tools but they just fail everytime!

Getting so frustrated now! All I want is my phone back to how it was when I first got it. I've read about flashing and/or using ROM's, but this doesn't really mean a lot to me and I wouldn't know where to begin with it all. Does anyone have a solution for me?!

Upvote 0
Starting to get really cheesed off with this now!

I managed to get talk installed again, but it would open up, try to connect to my google account - but then always get an error or say it couldn't connect to the Google servers.

So I thought I'd try a factory reset to see if that fixed it - but it didn't install Talk or GoogleApps at all!

I've also tried using the Sony Ericsson repair/update tools but they just fail everytime!

Getting so frustrated now! All I want is my phone back to how it was when I first got it. I've read about flashing and/or using ROM's, but this doesn't really mean a lot to me and I wouldn't know where to begin with it all. Does anyone have a solution for me?!

I am lost. I have no clue what you are trying to do.

If you want the phone back to it's original self....download SEUS from Sony and install it.

Factory reset won't do it. If you uninstalled any apps, they don't come back with a factory reset.....that just removes all the personal stuff.

Xperia? X10 - Update Service - Downloads - Mobile phones - Support - Sony Ericsson

Download and install....repair phone or reset during the install. That will wipe it clean and install from Sony.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones