1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP - RE: Lockscreen and Keyboard problem after ICS update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brooky, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Brooky

Brooky Lurker

Hi all

Updated to ICS (offical version) at the weekend on unbranded Samsung galaxy S2 and everything seems to working fine and very happy!

Although.... When I am typing a new message (in the standard messaging app)usually when I get to the third line or so the lock screen (standard lockscreen) comes on and I have to swipe to unlock the phone as normal and I then appear at the same screen and place I was when I was typing my message.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of way to stop it? im using the standard Messaging app and lock screen which came with ICS update. So its not as if I can blame an app I have downloaded from the market.

I am using Smart Keyboard Pro as my keyboard but this never happened before the update.

Also when I type up a message I get a keyboard icon in the notification bar which says - select input method?? but I have ticked Smart Keyboard Pro in the settings. although Samsung IME is also ticked and is greyed out so I cant untick it?

Sorry for the long questions but any help would be much appreciated! :)

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

The Keyboard in the notification bar simply allows you to switch between various installed keyboards you have installed. Previously you use to be able to long press the text input area to bring up the selection

See this link for a summary of that and other changes with ICS on SGS2
    http://dash.coolsmartphone.com/wp-c...100-Ice-Cream-Sandwich-Guide-Ver-2.0.pptx.pdf

On the lock screen - I am having trouble with it also but for a different reason. I am using Delay Lock from the market since last year. It does exactly that, I have a password lock but I set to only come up after 4 hours, before that I get a simple lock screen which has music controls, time date etc. Since ICS update they not appear to be playing nicely with each other, and ICS has added it's own delay but the most it does is30 minutes or something.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews