1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Recovering Contacts from phone w/ INOP touchsreen

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by hopsj, Aug 17, 2012.

1. hopsj

hopsj Lurker

I just purchased my first android phone about a month ago, and unfortunately I left it outside and it ended up in a pool of water after the sprinklers went off. The touchscreen is inoperable, and the phone has the pattern lock, so I can't really do anything with the phone. Oh yeah and it only stays on for about 30-45 seconds at a time, and then shuts off with the message "Battery is overheated".

I had manually entered a bunch of phone numbers, and would really like to recover them. Unfortunately I entered the phone numbers on contacts stored only on the phone. Whoops. I managed to get the Android Lost app installed on the phone through Google Play, and get it activated via the registration text message. I've been able to start the web server feature,which I'm hoping will allow me to download the contacts. I'm just not sure where to look in the filesystem. Any advice there? Or does anyone know of a good backup app that will backup contacts without the need for any interaction or setup from the phone?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download