• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP Regarding ROOTING

Doopie

Aug 21, 2012
Hello every1.
i am new in these forums and it looks quite interesting to me , well i m facing a problem , well its not a problem actually but i m bit confused about few things ...

I have updated my GALAXY S2 firmware and now its on ICS..

Model No = GT-I9100
Android Version = 4.0.3
Baseband Version = I9100XXLPW
Kernel Version = 3.0.15-I9100XWLPD
Build Number = IML74K.XWLPD

Now I want to root my mobile and as i heard in these forums that for that i have to download the exact CF ROOT which matches my version , BUT now the problem is i have these 2 versions and both are available so which one is for me ? XXLPW or XWLPD ? :thinking:

And if some1 can find me the exact version then it would be appreciable ...
And aslo i have downloaded the latest version of ODIN 3xx and before i updated my mobile with Odin 2xxxx so i am sure it wont make any difference of odin but right now my main concern is my stupid version thingy...

Thanks ..

P.S (apologies to the MODS if i make this thread in a wrong section or violate any of your rules,Please move my thread in a proper section if its in a wrong One )

Welcome the forum Doopie and thanks for joining.

You need the cfroot kernel which matches your current kernel which is xwlpd. The baseband doesn't need to match your firmware and kernel version so disregard that while rooting. There is a good guide on how to root here
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

The cfroot kernel won't match yours identically so go for the 2nd nee lpd kernel in post 8 of this thread
[06.07.2012][CF-Root 5.5] K/EFGHIJKLP*, LA*, LP-126BHJQ73SC89DEFWGKIQ - su+bb+CWM4/5 - xda-developers

I've moved this thread to the all things root sub forum:)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response Shotgun :)
i did read that guide u posted link here and its quite helpful,now i got everything and ready to go ,, just one more Q , u also mentioned the kernel version which u suggested me to choose and i find this link in which u can see the exact version of my mobile....

How To Root Your SGS2 With CF Root, ICS Edition ~ he Talks Android

So should i download there the same XWLPD or the one you mentioned me ?

Sorry about posting in a wrong section :p and once again Thanks alot for taking care of the thread moving in a right section :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones