1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP Regarding ROOTING

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Doopie, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Doopie

Doopie Newbie

Hello every1.
    i am new in these forums and it looks quite interesting to me , well i m facing a problem , well its not a problem actually but i m bit confused about few things ...

I have updated my GALAXY S2 firmware and now its on ICS..

Model No = GT-I9100
    Android Version = 4.0.3
    Baseband Version = I9100XXLPW
    Kernel Version = 3.0.15-I9100XWLPD
    Build Number = IML74K.XWLPD

Now I want to root my mobile and as i heard in these forums that for that i have to download the exact CF ROOT which matches my version , BUT now the problem is i have these 2 versions and both are available so which one is for me ? XXLPW or XWLPD ? :thinking:

And if some1 can find me the exact version then it would be appreciable ...
    And aslo i have downloaded the latest version of ODIN 3xx and before i updated my mobile with Odin 2xxxx so i am sure it wont make any difference of odin but right now my main concern is my stupid version thingy...

Thanks ..

P.S (apologies to the MODS if i make this thread in a wrong section or violate any of your rules,Please move my thread in a proper section if its in a wrong One )

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Welcome the forum Doopie and thanks for joining.

You need the cfroot kernel which matches your current kernel which is xwlpd. The baseband doesn't need to match your firmware and kernel version so disregard that while rooting. There is a good guide on how to root here
    http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-international-all-things-root/482994-rooting-galaxy-s2-dummies-guide.html

The cfroot kernel won't match yours identically so go for the 2nd nee lpd kernel in post 8 of this thread
    [06.07.2012][CF-Root 5.5] K/EFGHIJKLP*, LA*, LP-126BHJQ73SC89DEFWGKIQ - su+bb+CWM4/5 - xda-developers

I've moved this thread to the all things root sub forum:)

3. Doopie

Doopie Newbie

Thanks for the response Shotgun :)
    i did read that guide u posted link here and its quite helpful,now i got everything and ready to go ,, just one more Q , u also mentioned the kernel version which u suggested me to choose and i find this link in which u can see the exact version of my mobile....

How To Root Your SGS2 With CF Root, ICS Edition ~ he Talks Android

So should i download there the same XWLPD or the one you mentioned me ?

Sorry about posting in a wrong section :p and once again Thanks alot for taking care of the thread moving in a right section :)

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

No need to worry. If there weren't any threads to move I'd be out of a job:D

Although the link you have given is probably legit I'd download it from chainfires xda page just to be on the safe side.

5. Doopie

Doopie Newbie

who doesnt want to be on safe side :p so i m going with chainfires , i ll reply after rooting :D

6. Doopie

Doopie Newbie

I successly rotted my Samsung Galaxy S2 --
    so far working good without any issues ...

Now i m downloading various apps to check :p

Thanks to Shotgun with his help and the provided links :)

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews