1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Help: Remove Apps + Format SD

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nidserz, Apr 14, 2010.

1. nidserz

nidserz New Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Hi guys,
    I am a noob at android and rooting.
    However, I successfully rooted my N1 last night and flashed it with Cyanogen 5.0.5.3.
    Everything worked well until I started using the camera. I took the photos and it stored in the gallery under "Camera".
    However, when I mounted my SD card to my computer, there was no DCIM/Camera folder.
    I unmounted, went back into the gallery and it was gone.
    I ended up formatting my SD card as I didnt mind losing everything.
    I had apps2sd checked. When I went to marketplace the apps already said "installed". I reinstalled/downloaded everything. The SD card is a mess now.
    For example, twidroid folder went missing so no display pictures show up. I uninstalled/reinstalled it and then it worked, however after mounting it no twidroid folder was created, I unmounted and then twidroid display pictures were gone.

I formatted my SD card again now. Want to start fresh...
    Now when I go to manage my applications I have things like
    "android.tether"
    "com.adobe.psmobile"
    "come.android.googlesearch"

etc. I want all of this gone, want to start over and want my camera/gallery to start working again.

Sorry for the long post but any help is greatly appreciated!

Please let me know what I should do.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Update. Ok I formatted the SD card from settings. No longer have Apps2SD.
    Now I just want to delete the applications from the application manager.
    Things such as "android.tether" etc as mentioned above.

Is there any way I can use Apps2SD without it messed up the camera folders, etc?

Advertisement

2. daffyduck

daffyduck Guest

Okay, what I would do is this (briefly):

Backup any apps you have installed using Titanium Backup. This together with any other information that still remains on the SD Card (including NanDroid backups), copy to your laptop/computer.

Turn the phone off.

Remove the SD Card, format it & remove any existing partition you have created. Once this is done, copy a new version of the Custom ROM you want to flash onto the card.

Boot the phone into recovery - wipe everything but do not touch the SD Card or create a new partition at the moment.

Flash the Custom ROM. Boot the phone, set everything up to make sure that the phone works OK.
    Then restart the phone & once it boots up, turn it off again.
    Boot into recovery & then create your SD Card partition (I forget the settings, but reserve around 500mb of space, 0 swap file, & leave remaining at FAT32 as default I think).
    Turn the phone off.
    Reboot.

Hopefully, all your folders should then be generated & copy the other backed up information to your SD Card.

Activate Apps2SD in Applications and either restore then apps from Titanium, or download them again.

Just my penniesworth......

Tags: