1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Required... Desire stuck on HTC White Screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ollo, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ollo

ollo Lurker

Hi Everyone

Device: HTC Desire (Rooted)
    Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Vodafone NZ (Phone not branded)

Kernel: 2.6.32.15
    Build: 2.13.707.2
    HBOOT: 0.93.0001
    PVT3
    Radio: 5.09.05.30_2

I recently rooted my phone using Unrevoked. CWM v2.5.0.7

I decided I would flash GingerVillain 3.3, and since my 2gb SD card was full, I decided to go with a brand new 16gb SD card which I decided to partition using the MiniTool Partition wizard - FAT32 Primary then EXT3 primary (1gb).

I made a Nandroid back up on both my 2gb and 16gb SD cards, then I did a wipe and flashed the GV3.3 ROM from the 16gb SD card, but the HTC Boot got stuck in loop, so I removed the battery and did a wipe and restored from the Nandroid backup on the 16gb card successfully.

Because I wanted my apps from the 2gb card back on my phone I switched over the SD cards, and I am not sure what I did in between, but the phone had gone back to factory settings with everything wiped. I then decided to go into recovery and wipe then restore from the 2gb SD Card, and this is where it all went wrong. The phone got stuck on the white HTC boot screen and I have since tried wiping and restoring countless times, but to no avail. In the meantime I have tried deleting the partition from the 16gb SD card and it seems to have corrupted it because MiniTool Partition says 'Bad Disk' when it recognises it.

Beginning to think CWM might have caused this problem which presents an issue, as how to I replace that without being able to connect my phone to PC?

Apologies for the long windedness of the post, I am a complete novice so would gleefully accept any helpful advice!

Thanks in advance...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ollo

ollo Lurker

Well it turns out it was most likely a problem with the back up I made, as I Flashed CM7 and it seems to have fixed the White Screen problem. Unfortunately I really miss the Sense layout and widgets, but I guess if I get brave enough I can always re-flash. Think I might give it a while. Sorry to anyone who read through the whole post then saw I'd fixed my own problem.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

TBH MiniTool Partition Wizard is not recommended. Does not handle ext formats well. Almost certainly the partitions are not aligned, which will reduce the write speed of the card, and most likely it was the cause of your other problems with that card.

GParted is the best solution - you'll find this discussed in the "root memory faq", from the root forum's All Things Root Guide sticky post.

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews