1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help restarting phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhend25, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dhend25

dhend25 Well-Known Member
    None

Hi all,

New to nexus s and android. Phone's been great until today. I plugged into charge and instead of the regular screen, I get this white battery charging animation. I've never seen this and I've charged it many times. I'm guessing it ran out of charge before I could put it on the charger.

I held the power button on for a few seconds and this screen came up with a picture of the little android figure and about 20 different options, none of which I'm sure about so I just turned it back off. It said things like "bootloader" , recovery, locked status: locked, all kinds of things. Not sure what to do to get the phone turned back on. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

dH

Advertisement

2. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT

It looks like you somehow accidentally booted your phone into the bootloader interface or recovery. And the only way to do that on stock is by holding volume up and the power button? Are you accidentally pushing volume up while you boot up the phone?

Also the white battery animation only comes on the screen while the phone is off and charging. It won't do it when your phone falls asleep.

3. dhend25

dhend25 Well-Known Member
    None

Thanks "B2L" for your kind and very helpful response to my question.

I'm sure that I accidentally pushed both buttons inadvertently when I was trying to power it up.

Since I got your reply a few days ago, I've been especially careful when waking up my phone not to push both buttons at the same time. It's a bad design.

How did you find out about that function. I searched all over the web and never found anything like that.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply.

Best always,

Dave H

4. B2L

B2L Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I found out because my phone is rooted, and I constantly flash new roms, kernels, and themes. You don't have to worry about pushing both if you are waking up the phone. Only if you are actually turning it on.

Tags: