• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help restoring contacts plz

Drunder40

Jul 16, 2011
I setup a work group and then added all my work contacts from my main contacts area. Checked the work group and all the ones I added were there. Then from my main contacts list I deleted the ones i just added to the work group. Later I went to my newly created work group and it was empty. I assumed I could safely delete my work contacts as they were added to my work group. How do I restore my contacts. They were recently backed up via backup assistant plus. No option in there to restore

Thanks

Ouch. The way i imagine groups is like a playlist on a music player app.. you can create a playlist but if you delete the tracks from the main list, theyre gone. And that change would have sync'd to Google i 'think'.
i dont know the backup app you used but hopefuly that will save you. What happens when you try using that to restore contacts?

Upvote 0
I dont have any experience with that app so i couldnt even tell you where on the phone it saves its data but try making another thread in the Android Applications main forum on here as well. Make the title somethin like "help restoring contacts from Backup Assistant Plus" and theres maybe more chance of someone whos used it seeing it :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Don't worry - help is at hand. Sign into your Google account through your PC browser and go to Gmail. From there click on the top-left (red) drop-down tab and select Contacts; now you are in contact manager mode. Again on the left-hand side of the screen (under the tab) you should see all your contact groups. Above is your afore-mentioned 'Contacts' tab and then, to its left is a series of 5 buttons, click the last named 'More' followed by 'Restore Contacts'. A pop-up window will appear enabling you to restore the state of your Contacts up to 30 days back. Hey presto, avoid deleting any entries from 'All Contacts' in future.

Upvote 0
Excellent info ^
I never knew you could do that :)

Well, there are many hidden gems in Google's wonderful world; equally there are some horrible, horrible, horrible things that drive me insane, e.g. why the hell is it not possible to delete devices from your account that have long been sold, lost, thrown away - these stupid listings still fester away. I hate to say it, but at least in this respect Apple have got it right, when oyu get rid of a device you can remove it from your iTunes account never for it to show its ugly face again.

Perhaps someone worked it out, although I doubt it. Oh, one more thing, before someone says you can 'hide' the device from the list of devices, rest assured I know! Now I had my rant I feel better. :mad::D

Reactions: ilovethebeach
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones