• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help restoring data from HTC DIamond

Novoken

Android Enthusiast
Apr 4, 2010
Ok so I used PIM backup and backed up my stuff. How do I restore it into the evo?

I also have another HTC diamond but the screen is bad. Im able to connect it to a pc and can browse the folders. How can I restore my data to my other EVO (got 2 evos)

contacts can be synced with a gmail account, If you can save them to a csv file, you can upload them to gmail. I did a few hundred contacts quickly. I think the sprint store will do this for you. I am also taking for granted you are using exchange or outlook to sync with on your computer.

If you plug your diamond into the computer like a hard drive, not syncing, you can open up the folders and drag the info onto your desktop. Then you can plug your evo up to your computer with the usb connection, and open it up to the multimedia folder -not sure if thats the right name. Then you can just drag and drop.

Upvote 0
I would recommend syncing your Diamond with Outlook, exporting the contacts as a file, then logging into Gmail on the browser and importing the file into your contacts list. Once you have your contacts someplace like Google or Exchange, you never have to worry about desktop sync again (except maybe for backup if you worry about Google going down and you losing your phone at the same time.)

Upvote 0
so using pimback wont help me? I was able to do a full backup just now. The screen came up so I can see it. How do I save the contacts as a csv?

Sync your phone with Outlook with Mobile Device Center whatever they call it now. Go into Outlook.

• Select File | Import and Export... from the menu.
  • Make sure Export to a file is highlighted.
  • Click Next >.
  • Now make sure Comma Separated Values (Windows) is selected.
  • Click Next > again.
  • Highlight the Contacts folder.
  • Click Next >.
  • Use the Browse... button to specify a location and file name for the exported contacts. Something like "Outlook.csv" or "ol-contacts.csv" on your Desktop should work fine.
  • Click Next > (once more).
  • Now click Finish.

You can then log into Gmail on your computer and go to contacts and import the .csv file.

Reactions: Novoken
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones