1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help restoring HTC one m8 to stock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gary564, Dec 21, 2014.

1. gary564

gary564 Lurker

Hi all,

I have a HTC One M8 that I unlocked, rooted and installed a google play edition android 5.0.1 rom onto. The rom has a few bugs and I do not want to use it anymore. I want to return my htc one m8 to complete factory stock, stock rom with ota updates, locked bootloader and unrooted. I am currently s-on and do not know how to do this.

Can anybody help?

Thank you

2. Adzprazolam

Adzprazolam Lurker

Would love some help doing this as well. Am in exactly the same situation as you!

3. gary564

gary564 Lurker

I have restored the stock rom for my phone from this thread on xda (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2735235)

However I am still unlocked and my recovery mode says software modified which would probably void my warranty. The only way to remove the modified status and to relock the bootloader is to get s-off and that is currently not available for my phone.

codesplice likes this.
  4. dautley

dautley Android Expert

You can find some good things on XDA, and posting what carrier you use would be helpful.

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You need a RUU to return to stock software, which one depends on your carrier. As gary says, you'd need to be S-Off to clear the unlocked/tampered flags.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews